The Guide Series
BECOMING A GUIDE
Two aspirant mountain guides and the best pack for the job!
Deuter has commissioned a new film, ‘BECOMING A GUIDE’, about the trials and tribulations of two aspirant mountain guides on the cusp of their dream career. The film portrays the physical and emotional demands placed on the two aspirants as they progress towards qualifying as fully-fledged mountain guides. Watch the Webisodes below and check out the packs used below.
Webisode 1 - "It's not a man's world"
Webisode 2 - Learning to Lead
Deuter Guide Lite- For ambitious mountain sports enthusiasts
An ultra-lightweight, minimalist pack with clear and simple functionality for maximum mountain focus.
More energy thanks to ultra-lightweight carry comfort. With its uncluttered design and pared down features the Guide Lite redefines the term ‘lightweight’ but with all the functionality required for mountain sports.
- Quick and easy access to the main compartment via a draw cord closure for one-handed access. For added protection from the elements there is a stow-away rain cover.
- Secure thanks to 3-point ice axe attachment. This new system keeps your ice axe secure and snug against the body of the pack.
- More stability with mini fins at the base of the shoulder straps, when the hip belt is detached. The flexible, tensioned Delrin® U-frame gives the pack stability and balanced load distribution.
Deuter Guide- For experienced mountaineers,
A comfortable carry, solid load control and durability.
- Quick access through front opening and two-way zips
- Secure and energy-saving transport of moderate to heavy loads through alpine terrain. The back pads of the Alpine System mould themselves to the shape of the back, creating a snug, secure fit. Parallel, even more flexible aluminium frame improves mobility.
- Lightweight thanks to minimised materials. To cut even more weight, the hip fins and helmet holder can be detached, and the frame removed.
- Superior comfort through ergonomic, S-shaped shoulder straps that eliminate chafing on the neck or arms. The SL shoulder straps feature our Soft-Edge finish.