- Deuter's Shield System helps to minimise or even prevent injury occurring during risk sports. The backpack material is accurately adapted to the integrated SAS protector - a combination that results in the highest safety standard - the same standard that applies for motorsports!
The dampening heart of the Shield System is the viscose-elastic SC-1 foam by SAS-Tec. It has been tested and proven for many years. Now Deuter introduces the latest, state-of-the-art update: extra long, yet still lightes thanks to strategically places holes. It is the most up-to-date protector on the market! Its 'smart' foam remains soft and flexible in normal use. On heavy impact the foam resistance grows with increasing speed. It thus delivers excellent shock absorption, whereas hard shell protectors simply spread the impact. The foam returns to its original shape after every deformation, a 'memory effect' that allows the protector's multi-use. PE reinforcement integrated in the backpack's carry system further protects against sharp or pointed objects.
- Full freedom of movement thanks to anatomically shaped shoulder straps that automatically adapt to shoulder width and angle.
- V-shape protects sensitive back areas (spine and shoulder blades) and also provides great freedom of movement.
- Wide air channels between the padding for comfortable ventilation.
- Anchored high on the back the hip wings guarantee a super tight fit even on rough rides. Sitting well above the hip the pack has no chance of riding up even in steep or rough sections.